Reading WordPerfect files

Okay folks - I've started getting lots of files in WordPerfect format
(seems to be the default for some people in my department).  Any advice on
reading them? StarOffice doesn't seem to be happy with them, and I can't
get WP from Corel to run on my system (Debian 2.2r3):

hm269-26876:/usr/local/wp/wpbin# ./xwp
./xwp: can't load library 'libXt.so.6'

I don't have a need to alter or even view the formatting of these files,
I'd just like to get the information out of them. Any advice?

Thanks.

Andrew J Perrin - andrew_perrin@unc.edu - http://www.unc.edu/~aperrin
      269 Hamilton Hall, CB#3210, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3210 USA