Re: exim and outbound domain name

On Wed, Jul 04, 2001 at 07:10:39PM -0700, Xucaen wrote:
> Hi all,
>    When I first installed Debian, I kept the
> default hostname of "debian"
> I have since re-named my system as "whitestar"
> I reconfigured exim to use "whitestar" as the
> name it appends to the sender name after the @ in
> the from field, but when I send a message, it
> somehow is still using "debian"  I thought I had
> changed all the appropriate files when I changed
> the hostname, but it would seem that I missed
> one. Does anyone have any ideas?

You didn't say what you changed with exim but I'm assuming you changed
the "rewrite configuration" section at the bottom of /etc/exim.conf?

Did you also include your user name and rewrite info in -
/etc/email-addresses ?

For example my rewrite configuration from /etc/exim.conf -
*@scab.nixnotes.org    ${lookup{$1}lsearch{/etc/email-addresses}\
  ^^^                                           {$value}fail} bcfrF
hostname

 From /etc/email-addresses
 kent: ktb@nixnotes.org
 ^^^^