rescue disk install

Hi - I have not been able to get past the rescue disk install.

I've read and searched through the documents and haven't
found anything that relates to what I perceive is the problem.

Any help on this would be appreciated:

My system is - 900MHz Athelon, 128M RAM, 60G IDE Hard
drive, Adaptec SCSI PCI adapter, HP 10/100 Fast Ethernet
PCI card, USB keyboard & mouse.

I downloaded the i386 rescue binary for compact install
and for basic install, same problems. Used rawrite2 to
make a floppy. The floppy works fine, get the boot: prompt.

I have tried normal boot (return), linux mem=128m, and
linux mem=128m kbd-reset

My symptoms are - No major error messages, but can't
stop the scroll. ATA keboard is not found during the
process. I get to a prompt asking for the root disk
to be inserted, then I'm suppose to press the ENTER
key.

But, my keyboard does not seem to work. I can't
get past this point.

Help,

Jeff