Re: xfree86-sis -- needs patching?

On Mon, Jul 02, 2001 at 01:50:36PM +0100, Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
> I have a laptop which doesn't work with the SiS X server included in
> Debian.  It does, however, work when I compile and install the patched
> version from the SiS web site.  (http://www.sis.com.tw)

The xserver-sis package is quite obsolete.

If you're using Debian 2.2, I suggest using xserver-svga; if you're using
Debian's "testing" or "unstable" releases, I suggest xserver-xfree86.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    "I came, I saw, she conquered."  The
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    original Latin seems to have been