Re: [OT] scsi tape problems

On Thu, Jun 28, 2001 at 09:25:40PM +0200, Robert Waldner wrote:
> >okay, so any suggestions for another backup software? taper from potato only
> >supports tapes up to 4 gb :-(
>
> well, as I have only a DDS2-drive that´s not a problem for me ;-)
>
> but tar should be able to cope with larger tapes, although you may want
>  to keep every volume just below 2 GB, so you can safely copy it to disk
>  should the need arise (and it will, trust me).
>
> karsten m. self has a backup-script here:
>  http://kmself.home.netcom.com/Linux/FAQs/backups.html

nice doku, and the script's fine as well

>  and I did some tweaking, the result of which can be found at:
>  http://gfrastsackl.org/scripts/ , to have it fit my needs.

er, access forbidden. can you send me the script or change permissions
please?

> tar has some media-spanning - option, which you could use to keep the
>  backup-files below 2 GB.

guess, i'll ether work my way through amanda or just use tar or cpio.

thx martin
--
GnuPG 1024D/3E8DCCC0 30DC 1D28 1D79 32F5 5E67  3ABB 28EE B35A 3E8D CCC0
   work: factline Krisper Fabro Harnoncourt OEG (www.factline.com)