Re: OT vim/uptime

will trillich <will@serensoft.com> writes:

> USER       PID %CPU %MEM   VSZ  RSS TTY      STAT START   TIME COMMAND
> will      2945  0.2  1.0  2588 1356 pts/1    S    Jun22  18:08 vi inv/show.mc
>
> so, what's the record for cpu time on a single vim session?

See, that's the difference between Emacs and vi.  My emacs process has
only been around since 8am, already has 13:23 minutes of CPU time, and
takes up around 90MB of virtual memory.  And I can have 43 files open
just with my mail folders (although I only have about 40 open right now).

> when i do :files i see a list of 43... boy do i need a life, eh?

Yes.  And some bigger projects.  You clearly aren't using vim enough.
8^)

Do molecular biologists wear designer genes?