Re: Java and flash plugin for Mozilla

On Tue, 26 Jun 2001 19:21:06 -0400
Chun Kit Edwin Lau <lauedwin@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>  Hi everyone,
>
>  	After a long and exhausted trial and error, I am giving up.  I can't
> get the java and flash plugin work for mozilla.  Anyone care to tell me
> how they get it working?  Java doesn't seem to properly finish the
> installation even it said so.  After Java 2 plugin installation, I can't
> really start mozilla again unless I delete the file
> /usr/lib/mozilla-0.9.1/xpicleanup.dat

What helped a lot in my case on my hand-compiled mozilla was installing an
older version of the C++ standard library. It seems the Java plugin
depends on it. What it needs is libstdc++2.9-<something>. I don't know the
full package name, so check out the package list, it should be in the
oldlibs section.

Mart