Re: Pluggin in Galeon

Hall Stevenson wrote:

> > Galeon is a great brower but is there any pluggin
> > like flash, java work under it?  Pluggin for network
> > work well (most of the time) just wanna switch to
> > galeon ASAP coz it is cool =)
>
> galeon is to a large extent just a front-end to mozilla (I
> don't mean that negatively towards galeon). Install plug-ins
> for mozilla and they should work with galeon. I don't know if
> galeon has it's own plug-in directory or not, but I don't
> think it does or should. In fact, you *have* to have mozilla
> already installed to use it, so why duplicate plug-ins ??
>
> Also, if there isn't a plug-in specifically for mozilla, ones
> designed for the "old" Netscape browser, navigator, are
> supposed to work.

I've tried both Shockwave 4.0 and 5.0 with mozilla and they works, the same is
for galeon. YMMV but with another debian box i've to disable esound ("esdctl
off") to start mozilla.

Don't know if it's the right place, but trying to put the  libflashplayer.so and
ShockwaveFlash.class under /usr/lib/mozilla-0.9.1/plugins/

Andrea