Re: SAMBA is not working

"Andrew J. Perrin" wrote:

> Can you be more specific? What is it not doing that it should do, or what
> is it doing that it shouldn't?

>    Andrew J. Perrin - Assistant Professor of Sociology
>         University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
> 269 Hamilton Hall CB#3210, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3210 USA
>    andrew_perrin@unc.edu - http://www.unc.edu/~aperrin
>
> On Tue, 26 Jun 2001, Juan wrote:
>
> :Hi,
> :
> :I'm trying to use SAMBA without success. Below is my configuration file.
> :What is wrong with it?
> :

I replied to him on this, forgot to cc the list.

I think his problem is that his os level is 0, and he has no master
browsers set (local, preferred, or domain).  There is no WINS server
specified, either.  As I understand it, nmbd will sit and wait in
perpetuity for someone to call.

Juan, I neglected to include:

 local master browser = yes

HTH