partly fixed: Re: resolv.conf - what generates it?

I answer both Johns here:

On Sun, 17 Jun 2001, John Galt (and a third John offlist) wrote:
> >What tool generates /etc/resolv.conf, and how do I change what it
> I'd bet it was DHCP...
I dont have any dhcp packages installed, so it can't be DHCP,right?

On 17 Jun 2001, John Hasler wrote:
> Are you using a dialup ppp connection with dynamic dns?

ppp dialup with static DNS.  (I think my language is correct here - I
mean that I have two IP addresses for the primary and secondary
nameservers, which never change.  My ip address upon connect is
assigned dynamicly.)

Your question made me think to play with pppconfig, and I thereby
changed the nameservers successfully.  This seems to happen by pppconfig
altering the file /etc/ppp/resolv/provider to contain the two nameserver
lines I want. (btw, I only have one ppp connection, labeled 'provider')
When I rebooted, the contents of this file are mysteriously put into
/etc/resolv.conf.

So I'm happy with the nameserver issue.  How can I add a 'domain' line?

Thanks.  Aaron