Re: small school: replacements for MS Word and Excel

"Steve R. Hastings" <steve@hastings.org> writes:

> Corel is selling the whole WordPerfect Office suite, which includes
> WordPerfect and Quattro Pro.

Note that last I checked, there's no commitment to ongoing support of
this product, there was almost no support of WP8, and getting fixes
for any number of known bugs involves downloading the source to their
version of WINE from their CVS (which hasn't seen much update in the
last 6 months or so... and at the moment, isn't responding) and
hacking some changes to the startup script.  There have been no
patches since release (beyond an install script to cure the fact that
it won't install on some systems), and last I heard, the Linux product
manager couldn't get resources from management to do one.

In other words, if you want WPO2k/Linux, you'll be on your own.

Siskel and Ebert gave this tagline two thumbs up.