Re: Driver help

Note: I am not a Debian user and have NEVER seen Debian run.

Over some time and through several potential sources I have asked about drivers. I do not know which drivers I need.

This is not a request for general help on installing Debian. I have done about twelve microsoft installs with little or not help. The questions I have to communicate are:

1) Does Debian come with any drivers for my computer?
2) Do I have the drivers on the Debian install disk?
3) From whom or where do I request the drivers?
4) Is there documentation on how to request or install the drivers?
5) At what point or location do I get to install the drivers to make Debian able to locate my computer's hard drives and use my specific motherboard?

Statements:
1) I will gladly pay for this information!
2) I do not have internet access beyond getting a non-Debian-using neighbor to type my hand-written request for me, as I don't type. 3) He is my only access, and his Mac G4 does not have floppy drives, nor does it have a CD burner, etc.
4) This is my first computer.
5) I built my computer from OEM parts, and taught myself to load five versions of Microsoft operating systems.
6) They crashed a lot.

Request:
Because I have no other means, I would like to obtain loadable hard copies of the drivers.

(Important note. I have never met a Debian user. There is noone I know who uses any form of Linux or Unix. And my computer does not have an operating system that works).

For reference:
I will repeat the list of my computer's hardware and software.
1) Supermicro P6 DGU 440GX 82443 GX-family chipset motherboard using upgraded flash BIOS R03.0 DGU 4061 ROM. The original BIOS was super.ROM. (Has built-in SCSI RAID support).
2) My CPU is an Intel Pentium III running at 450Mhz.
3) I am attempting to load Debian version 2.2 with GNOME 1.2.1, and the Opera web browser.
4) I have a 3Com USR 56K Voice/Faxmodem.
5) One Toshiba SCSI2UW 40X CD-ROM.
6) One SoundBlaster LIVE! sound card
7) One 3DLabs Oxygen GVX 210 Dualhead Video card.
8) One Viewsonic VPA150 Flat monitor.
9) One Logitech Trackman Marble FX trackball.
10) Three IBM 9.1GB SCSI2UW HDs.
11) One generic 3.5" floppy drive.

I will be building a stripe set across the three HDs. I am teaching myself these tasks. Without drivers that come on some form of disk that I can use, I can't continue. So far, people have asked various questions or said to ask the Debian developers and users. But noone has replied to my request for the drivers.

How can I find a hard copy of the drivers? Anticipating that I will need various drivers, I included the above list. If I need to supply serial numbers or ven numbers I will be happy to do so.

Please, if there anyone who will help me to get my machine's drivers?

mccollum_bob@hotmail.com
--
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
forrest [at] bungie [dot] org - forrest [at] west [dot] net