RE: Debian 2.2 in Armada E500

Hi,

I succeeded in installing debian 2.2 on a compaq e500 - including getting
the X server, mouse, internal modem, etc etc all going.

I don't recall many of the details because everything just worked out of the
box pretty much (except for the modem, which is an mwave winmodem, with
GPLed kernel modules available)

I recommend two things:

1) Check out http://www.informatik.uni-kiel.de/~fst/linux_armada_e500.html
2) Give progeny a try - I've installed the progeny (debian based) distro
onto a coupla notebooks now and its worked beautifully on all of them.

Stick with a debian based distribution, sure it seems a little harder if you
come from the Red Hat/Mandrake world, but it is well worth it for the
simplicity and power in the packaging system.

Cheers

Tim Price

CAUTION

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are privileged and confidential information intended for the use of the addressee. The confidentiality and/or privilege in this e-mail is not waived, lost or destroyed if it has been transmitted to you in error. If you have received this e-mail in error you must (a) not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it; (b) please notify Australia Post immediately by return e-mail to the sender; and (c) please delete the original e-mail.