Re: Best (Most stable/supported) Video Card

On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 10:35:55AM -0700, Adahma wrote:
> I'm about to upgrade a Potato box to testing, and plan on doing some
> hardware upgrades at the same time.  One of the things I'm replacing
> will be the video card.  I'm currently running a very old ATI card
> that I've been fairly happy with, but I've seen that alot of the
> newer ATI Rage based cards have big problems in X4.  Could someone
> suggest a stable, well supported, higher end card.  Since I'm buying
> a new one, I wanna make sure it works well with Linux.

I think this came up about 1.5 weeks ago, and routinely pops up several
times a year (OK, OK... several severals).  You might try the list archives at
www.debian.org for those suggestions.

HTH,

Kenward
--
It is not so very important for a person to learn facts.  For that he
doesn't really need a college education, for he can learn them from