Re: Which Linux NVIDIA driver to download?

On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 02:59:29PM -0600, Chris Spencer wrote:
> On Monday 21 May 2001 13:37, Gordon Hart wrote:
> > On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 11:25:09AM -0700, Abner Gershon wrote:
> > > I am trying to install a Linux driver for my NVIDIA
> > > GTS2 Geforce video card. Their site lists RPM, RPMS,
> > > and tar files for non-RPM systems. I should use the
> > > tar file, right?
> >
> > thats what I've been using.. unpack, type
> >
> > make
>
> If you're running unstable use the nvidia-glx-src and nvidia-kernel-src
> scripts. They will automatically create .debs for both of the Nvidia
> packages. Very sweet....
>
> -Chris

Make sure you've got a kernel source tree, with a valid .config other wise
this won't work, you allready have this if you've built your own kernel or
you can get the headers for the standard debian kernel by installing
kernel-headers-2.?.?-???

Of course you need kernel source to build kernel modules
<BLUSH>took me a week to figure that out, </BLUSH>

;-)
Joel