Missing gnumeric dependency?

After installing gnumeric (with it's obscene list of dependencies, as
discussed here earlier), I'm getting the error

unable to open module file: /usr/lib/gnumeric/plugins/0.47/libgnum_python.so:
undefined symbol:  _Py_NoneStruct

on startup.  Installing python-base has not had any noticable effect.

This is on a not-quite-pure potato system (not-quite-pure because the
previous sysadmin had a source line for proposed-updates) on the Alpha
architecture.

What package would include the library containing _Py_NoneStruct?  Would I be
OK to just delete libgnum_python.so - and, if I did, would dpkg just put it
back when the next revision of gnumeric gets installed?  What other options
are there for getting that error to go away?

--
That's not gibberish...  It's Linux. - Byers, The Lone Gunmen
Geek Code 3.1:  GCS d? s+: a- C++ UL++$ P++>+++ L+++>++++ E- W--(++) N+ o+