Re: More 2 problems

On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 05:43:53PM -0400, D-Man wrote:
> Again, I recommend that you install minicom, or some similar tool, so
> you can interactively see what your ISP does when you dial in.  Once
> you know what prompts your ISP sends, then you can make a simple chat
> script that will work.  Without a more configurable tool, I doubt
> you'll get very far.  (I'm sure wvdial is a great program -- when it
> works.  It only understands the common situations it's authors have
> experience with and can't be configured to deal with others.)

Not true ... wvdial can be told what to look for regarding login and
password prompts (rtfm).  minicom is a great tool to discover such
information.

Having said that I'm not a big wvdial fan :) but I had to use it
recently on a redhat box.  The error messages leave something to be
desired ...

Micromuse Ltd.                 | than a perfect plan tomorrow.