More 2 problems

If anybody can tell me what to do, I now have more information on my problems.

Printer problem:
I use magicfilterconfig to configure /etc/printcap. After finishing the configuration, I get these messages: Use of unintialized value at /usr/bin/magicfilterconfig line 216,<STDIN> Chunk 6 " " " 217 "
      Stopping printer spooler lpd.

      When I typed in lpd, to start it again, nothing happened.

Internet problem:
      This is the text after the first routine stuff:
      ATDP 8475110
      Connect 48000/ARQ
      Connect detected. Waiting for prompt.
      [1c]@[1c][1c]`[1c]`[1c][G]`
       Don't know what to do. Starting pppd and hoping for the best.
       Starting ppp (followed by date and time)
      PPP daemon has died (exit code = 4)

It seems to be expecting something from my ISP that it does not get. My ISP administrator was of no help when I brought up the matter.