Re: Gnumeric - too big

> > This leads to another question: If a "--disable-something"
> > option is given to the ./configure script, is the Makefile
> > dynamic in that it won't check for the file(s) that would
> > normally take care of what's been disabled ?? Does that
> > make sense ?? ;-)
>
> Aah not sure what you mean by the Makefile being dynamic...
> the configure script creates the Makefile, so if you --disable
> something it should not check for it and *if* (and it can be a
<snip>

That's exactly what I meant ;-) I thought that parts of the Makefile
were "pre-written", so I didn't know how much using --disable
options would help.

> IIRC building Dia and Guppi from source lets you cut out some
> gnome deps which is why I wondered originally...  but there is
> a limit. I think gnumeric is probably too gnome'ified.

That might be a safe assumption, but then again, maybe not. I do
believe Miguel (the head gnome guy ???) is heavily involved in
gnumeric.

Regards
Hall