Re: Installing lilo on second hard disk

On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 07:04:08PM +0800, Corey Popelier wrote:
> This won't be a good answer, but I had a friends machine with an IDE drive
> on /dev/hda, and a SCSI drive on /dev/sda, and wanted to boot off the
> SCSI. I also got that LILO warning, and got around it by unplugging the
> IDE drive, booting, running lilo, then plugging it back in again and
> booting again. Everything worked fine.
>
> I'm positive theres a better answer, but if you can utilise this temporary
> measure it might work.

Yep, that is exactly what I am trying to do.  But I don't want to open
the box and remove the first hard disk - it will void my warranty as the
computer guy who installs my hardware has put stickers on the case to
prevent this.

Can I boot hd1 and then chroot to the hd2 root partition or something
like this.  Sorry I am a newbie.

Thanks.
Mark.