Re: Gnumeric - too big

> I wanted to install gnumeric but the dep list is huge here (see
below)
> is there a way to shrink it.. is there any scope for this building
> from source?

Do you not run many gnome packages ?? Many of those are pretty
"standard" packages that you would need installed anyway for other
gnome programs.

Compiling from source may not be any better. For example, in
addition to needing "esound-common" installed, you may also need
"esound-common-devel" (this is an example - I don't if such a
package even exists) in order to compile gnumeric. It's possible
there may be configure options that would allow you to disable some
functions and get away with not needing a package, but it would
likely be more trouble than it's worth.

Hall