Novice mail project

Hi,

I believe it was in this list within the last week or so that someone
made the point that the best way to learn Linux was to have goals, or
better still a project. To these ends I have set my self a project.

We have a PC each here. My wife and two daughters each run WinMe and I
have Debian on these two in front of me. The machines all get out
through a cable modem. I want to have one of the linux machines act as a
collection point for all incoming email and have each client collect it
from the local server. I want the four of us to be able to email each
other with out it leaving the house

Am I right in thinking that I need something like "sendmail" and
"procmail" on the server and any old mail client on the Windows/Linux
machines in order to get this done? Do I need to be setting up any other
software specifically to make this work?

I know something like sendmail is probably overkill, but the object her
is education not ease of setup. Whilst this is likely a trivial task for
most, it is a starting point for me

Keith
| Keith O'Connell                  |     "That which does not kill     |
| Maidstone, Kent (UK)             |      us, usually still hurts.     |
| keith_oconnell@bigfoot.com       |   That's just life, I'm afraid"   |