Re: Install: Need Help iso9660

on Sun, May 20, 2001 at 09:23:30PM -0400, Mel Herndon (mrherndon@ev1.net) wrote:
> Karsten,
>
> I tried insmod and it could not find the module. Is there a command line
> that I can use when I boot to the cd to force it to install(override)
> the selection option to make sure iso9660 gets installed? Again I state
> that there is no option given during installation for modules that list
> "iso9660"....

Please quote sufficient context for identifying the problem and prior
suggestions.

Please reply to list mail on list.
List added to response.
Reply-to set to list.

I haven't done a Debian install in a few months, you might look for a
number of different things, including filesystem support, cdrom support,
"joliet" support (though I believe this is other than iso9660), etc.
These should be listed under 'fs'.  If your cdrom *device* itself isn't
detected -- you should see it in the system 'dmesg' output -- you'll
have to specify this as well.  This is generally not necessary for most
newish (3-4 years) CDROM devices.

You might also check contents of /proc/filesystems and /proc/modules.