Re: Re. Two Problems

	Subject: Re. Two Problems
	Date: Sun, May 20, 2001 at 01:18:40PM -0700

Quoting Sidney Brooks(sidneybrooks@vtc.net):
> I do have the package lpr.
>
> I am sure that I do not have minicom nor lpd. I used two methods to verify
> this, apt-get and reading the disks in Windows.

dpkg -S lpd
will show you that lpd is included in the lpr package.  It is started
by doing, as root, /etc/init.d/lpr (start|stop|restart|force-reload)

If you have used apt-cdrom to create an apt sources list, then
doing apt-cache search minicom will show you that the package
wasindeed, on one of the CD's.  Apt-cache install minicom will install
it.

--
Office Automation, n.:
  The use of computers to improve efficiency by removing anyone