Re: small school: replacements for MS Word and Excel

On Sun, May 20, 2001 at 08:35:50PM -0600, Cameron Matheson wrote:
> On Sun, May 20, 2001 at 10:11:04PM -0400, Sean Morgan wrote:
> > StarOffice, neither of these are as stable as Office on NT4.  The
>               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> 	      From my experience, that is *completely* untrue.  I have
> 	      never had either of those office suites crash on me (although
> 	      WP8 is kind of clunky), but stability is *not* an issue.
>
> > stability of the filesystem is also a major question, you'd have to use
> > ReiserFS on everything as ext2 is no replacemnet for NTFS.
>
> Why couldn't you use ext2?

Has any one here used LyX, I got on to it a couple of months ago and
It is the best word procesor I have every used, and not to difficult
to learn, as it's a "what you see is what is mean" procesor it
would let the students concentrate on content rather than worrying
about layout.

Cheers

Joel