Re: error in newaliases

On Sun, 20 May 2001 22:04:19 +0200, Erik van der Meulen writes:
>I cannot seem to get sendmail running on my laptop. If I run
>sendmailconfig I get some errors. First thing that goes wrong seems to
>be newaliases. If I run that manually i get:
>
>  Cannot open hash database /etc/mail/aliases.db: Invalid argument
>  WARNING: cannot open alias database /etc/mail/aliases
>  Cannot create database for alias file /etc/mail/aliases

Let me guess, you´ve upgraded some libraries to unstable for whatever
reason, haven´t you? libc6/libdb2 are broken in a _very_ interesting
way...

I solved the same problem by installing

ii  libc6          2.2.2-4        GNU C Library: Shared libraries and Timezone
ii  libc6-dev      2.2.2-4        GNU C Library: Development Libraries and Hea
ii  libdb2         2.7.7-7        The Berkeley database routines (run-time fil

after _much_ messing ´round and installing some- and each and
everything in various versions...

If you need further assistance, drop me a line.

cheers,
&rw
--
/ Ing. Robert Waldner |  <r.waldner@xsoft.at>  \
\     Xsoft GmbH      | T: +43 1 796 36 36 692 /