lynx, X, cut/paste???

Hi!
I am using lynx (I am also trying w3m, but I haven't got used to it
yet...) in X when I don't want to launch Mozilla or Netscape (and
sometimes even if one of them is aleady running!)

It looks like I can't always cut or paste text in it.  Fo example, if I
find some text on a web page I wan't to paste in a message, or on the
contrary, if I want to paste an an URL in lynx, I can't always do it.
What is very puzzling is that I sometimes can!  I haven't figured out a
pattern yet...

Has anybody seen that before?  Or at least has any idea on how to fix
it?

Thanks for any advice...

Pierre