OT: An overlooked bastion for MS?

I have been told at a couple of game development sites that I frequent,
that Linux is being considered *in the future.

The two sites are http://www.targetware.net and
http://www.wwiionline.com.

The former cites marketing info suggesting that writing a Linux port
would be unprofitable, while the latter say they will port to Linux ..
eventually. Implicit in both comments (as I read it anyway) is that
Windows, MacOS and eventually X-Box will be much better platforms to
write games for. I do not agree.

I would like to speed up the process, and maybe plant the suggestion
that the time for considering doing that Linux port could very well be
*now! :)

If you agree and are interested in simulation, please drop by and add
your voice.

Cheers
Krisno

P.S. cross-posted at debian.users newsgroup (hope that doesn't annoy