pump / resolv.conf troubles

Hi,

I have a problem with pump. Generally, it works fine, but it doesn't
write the search directive in resolv.conf correctely. I get:

aphrodite:/home/matthias# pump -s
Device eth0
	IP: 192.168.128.150
	Netmask: 255.255.255.0
	Broadcast: 192.168.128.255
	Network: 192.168.128.0
	Boot server 192.168.128.100
	Next server 192.168.128.100
	Gateway: 192.168.128.100
	Domain: pfist.de
	Nameservers: 192.168.128.100 192.168.128.101
	Renewal time: Sun May 20 18:04:18 2001
	Expiration time: Sun May 20 19:34:18 2001
aphrodite:/home/matthias# cat /etc/resolv.conf
search
nameserver 192.168.128.100
nameserver 192.168.128.101

So while the name servers are entered correctely, the search directive
is just empty. I would expect 'search pfist.de', i.e. the domain name
given by the DHCP server. I'm using pump 0.8.3-3 together with ifupdown
0.6.4-3. This all is on PowerPC.
I do not have a configuration file /etc/pump.conf. I know I can override
the DNS search list by a directive in pump.conf. However, this seems
like a hack to me. I would like to get it working without this. Any
ideas?

Please tell me if you need more information or I can otherwise help in
debugging.
Ah, and please CC: me in replies, I'm not subscribed to this list.

thanks in advance,
Matthias

--
Matthias Pfisterer	<mailto:Matthias.Pfisterer@web.de>

        Take into account
        that great love
        and great achievements
        involve greak risk.

                 (from a nepalese mantra)

Java Sound Examples:
http://www.jsresources.org/jsexamples-old/
Tritonus, the open source implementation of the Java Sound API:
http://www.tritonus.org/