My Dilemma w/ ssh

Hey,

I have a little problem w/ ssh.  Me and a few other folks started a free web-
hosting company, and I'm supposed to be the sysadmin.  The server's at someone
elses house, so I am supposed to ssh in.  For some reason, it always says that
the connection is refused (or something along those lines).  I know that ssh
works on both my computer, and the server, because if I ssh into my computer
at work, and then ssh into the server, it works great.  I was wondering what
the problem might be...

Thanks,
Cameron Matheson