Re: Sawfish debs for potato

On Sun, May 13, 2001 at 05:43:12PM +0200, Henrik Enberg wrote:

> Anyone know where to find a fairly modern version of sawfish for Potato?  I
> don't have the bandwidth to download Ximiam Gnome (and I don't want it).

Hmm...I'm running unstable here - there are 2 different sawfish
packages - sawfish, and sawfish-gnome.

I would assume that you could set your deb-src entry in sources.list
to point at unstable, download and build the source deb on your potato
machine with something similar to:

apt-get --build source sawfish

...and then dpkg -i the resulting deb file.  You may need to fetch
some dependencies (I'm not sure what you'd need - I believe there's a
build-deps argument you can give to apt, but I'm unsure of it off the
top of my head) but in theory it should work.

-b3