Re: Getting realplayer streams to disk files

asdfasf asfasf wrote:

> This is getting ridiculous. I've been trying for many
> hours over many days now to save realplayer broadcasts
> to files on my disk and have been completely unable to
> do so. It almost seems as if the realplayer software
> has been _designed_ so that you can't save content you
> view through the player to disk. (I can't actually
> confirm or deny this though through google searches.)
>
> Is there a way to do this?

it IS designed to prevent that. also i think to record
files you need the real player plus package(not available
for linux). and even then you can only record if the
server's configuration allows you to(most don't). a few
years ago there was a crack for real audio that could override
that, don't know if there are still cracks around or if they
work on the linux version ..

if it were me i woulda given up a long time ago :)

nate

--
:::
ICQ: 75132336