Re: Debian samba 2.2.0

On Thu, May 03, 2001 at 03:19:40PM +0800, Lindsay Allen wrote:

> I installed samba_2.2.0.final-2.deb but ran into a problem.  Profile
>
> Can ayone please either confirm or deny that they are having the same
> problem so that I know where to start looking.
>
> And has anyone got samba debs for potato?

i've got potato and did "apt-get install samba" and it installed,
no problem.

executing was the problem. it started making tcpd clone itself
(very slowly -- five in one day) while eating up 98% of all cpu
attention.

luckily "apt-get --purge remove samba-common" worked pretty well,
too.

so my windows users still get to use ftp until i understand
(which is unlikely, as i don't speak the brogue that the samba
docs are written in).

--
DEBIAN NEWBIE TIP #1 from Will Trillich <will@serensoft.com>
: