Re: pg_dumpall question

"Oliver Elphick" <olly@lfix.co.uk> writes:

> The reason is probably that you are running these commands directly
> rather than under the control of the postgresql-dump script.

According to the man page:
       postgresql-dump  -  a  utility to dump and destroy a Post­
       greSQL database when the database format becomes incompat­
       ible with a previous version.

What I wanted to do is use pg_dumpall was to backup the database. I
see now that if I cd to /usr/lib/postgresql/bin it works.

Thanks for your reply.

Johann
--
J.H. Spies - Tel. 082 782 0336.  Posbus 4668, Tygervallei 7536
     "For whosoever will save his life shall lose it. But