Re: Printer reccommendation

On Tue, 3 Apr 2001 21:44:01 +0200
John Plate <plate@infotek.dk> wrote:

> Hi
>
> > I know this is way off topic, but can anyone reccomend a budget
> > printer with good linux (and debianised) support?
>
> I can recommend Lexmark Optra E310. It has Postscript, it is fast and
> reliable. It just works very well.

I recommend the Epson 680. Epson have written a Linux driver for it which
fits into the current lpr/lprng/ghostscript system and gives the same
quality of print output as the Windows driver. The Epson package also
includes a GUI utility to change paper type and print quality.

>From the web page:

"It brings out the maximum performance of the printer hardware such as
1440*720dpi and six color ink by using the same image processing module as
the driver for Win/Mac and the microweave technology.

It offers the same print mode provided for the Win/Mac driver.

The print mode setting is supported.

We provide the open source as much as possible."

The driver is obtainable from:

http://www.epkowa.co.jp/english/linux_e/pips_e.html

--
Phillip Deackes