Re: rpm dependencies problem (yes, rpm!)

Phil Brutsche wrote:

I'll be honest: I wouldn't trust any of that "Enterprise" stuff to run on
any distribution other than the one it was built for: RedHat 6.x.

Thanks to all for the answers. Maybe I'll try to debianize the rpms and/or adopt the installscript later. But this way seems really hard, now I'll install it on a SuSE-System. The thing is, that in the readme of NDS 8.5, the prerequisites are: kernel2.2.x, glibc >2.1.3, rpm. Theres nowhere a line telling me that it depends on Redhat :(

I think Novell has just a "pro forma" Linux-support.

I just hate it to work with different Linux-distributions, and I really like Debian.
Greets,
Tibor