ldap, ldap everywhere

Hi.

I'm going to be running a moderately sized network, and I was wondering how
difficult it would be to setup ldap as teh authentication for it?

How integrated are various utilities into ldap? I read that adduser doesn't
support ldap, so should a script that uses adduser to create the user, then
copies the user into ldap be used?

Anyone have any experience with this?

as always,
nick
            nick@grawk.net * http://www.fargus.net/nick
    Developer - Systems Engineer - Mad System Guru - MOO Sales
    He picks up scraps of information/He's adept at adaptation
Because for strangers and arrangers/Constant change is here to stay