laptop screen & KDE

Thanks enment to the help of a few of you, I now have KDE running on my
Laptop.  But there is a new, strange problem.  Gnome & Enlightenment ran
fine, so I'm sure it's not my XF86 configuration.  The KDM comes up and I
log in.  When it gets to loading the pannel the screen turns itself off.
I can hears the startup sound so I know it's still running.  But here is
the weird part...If I hit ctrl+alt+f2 to change the console(still no
screen) and then hit the Function keys to enable the exterrior monitor
connection, the screen comes back on and works fine.  Anybody got any
clues???????

Once again, if you don't mind copying me directly,  my email server is
still down, so I'm using this email until then.

Wayne
Go to http://www.iexaltmail.com to get your Free email