Console problems

Hi!

Since about three or four months I have a problem with my console on my
Debian Woody notebook.

Till then everything was ok and suddenly the console started to go mad
as soon as you've once started X. Then switching back to the console
only displayed "graphical garbage" (I'm sorry, I can't explain it in
more detail, my English knowledge isn't sufficient enough for such
things).

Till yesterday I just overlooked the problem as my X worked quite well,
so I had never the need to use the console. But yesterday my X had some
problems as well (which I hope to have fixed by now), but the problem
was that I couldn't fix it locally on the console, but I had to do it
remotely via telnet.

Does anybody know what is causing me those console problems and how I
can solve them?

Thanks in advance.

Greetings,

Stefan.

--
 Stefan Bellon * <mailto:sbellon@sbellon.de> * <http://www.sbellon.de/>

 If debugging is the process of removing bugs,
 then programming must be the process of putting them in.