Re: kernel 2.4.0, make-kpkg

On Fri, Jan 05, 2001 at 07:23:06PM -0500, Antonio Rodriguez wrote:
> Kernel 2.4.0 was declared stable yesterday I believe, a couple of
> questions:
> 1. How long it usually takes before we have a kernel-source?
> 2. Can we use make-kpkg (kernel package) with the linux-2.4.0.tar.gz
> (after unpacking, of course)? If so, what would the procedure be?

yes kernel-package works fine with 2.4.0.  you use it the same way as
2.2.

the only (minor) problem is when you remove a make-kpkg kernel image
/lib/modules/`uname -r` is not totally removed since the generated
.deb does not know about some of the extra .dep files created there.
this is with potato's make-kpkg, this might be fixed in later
versions.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/