Re: MKBOOT problems

I'm a beginner myself, so I'm not too sure. I do
know that during the boot process the fielsystem
is mounted as read-only. if you're booting from a
floppy it might be mounting as read-only.
check the man page for mount or see
http://www.die.net/doc/linux/man/man8/mount.8.html

fstab might be setting it read-only.

I hope this helps, but if not, keep checking the
user list. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable
than I can help. also, when you do figure it out,
let me know. I'm curious now to find out what it
is.
good luck!!

--- Tom Schuetz <ts22548@mail.cybernetisp.net>