Re: Kmail stopped working, "Unexpected response from POP3 server"

Bart Szyszka wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have to use Windows right now because Kmail has stopped
> functioning. When I go to check my e-mail, it gives me "Internal
> Error" followed by a line about submitting a bug report, then a
> line that says "Unexpected response from POP3 server". It
> keeps on doing this on the second message, no matter what the
> message is. Everywhere else, including Outlook Express, I can
> retrieve my mail just fine. Any ideas?

run an strace on the process while its running maybe it will
show useful info. did kmail just stop working or did you
install a new version that is no longer working or what?

also telnet to your mail server on port 110 to see
what server they are using maybe they changed the
service and something broke.. what other pop3
clients have you tried?(other then outlook and
friends)

nate

--
:::