Re: mouse configuration

On Thu, 4 Jan 2001, David B.Harris wrote:

> This thread about mouse configuration got me to try to get 'gpm' and X
> co-operating again, and I was successful this time. Let me explain my
> setup.

Thanks to everyone that replied!  The key for me was hearing about
"gpm".  I can't recall all the combinations I tried last night, but I
was successful setting up the mouse to work with both X and the
console.  After configuring gpm for the console, I changed the Pointer
declaration in XF86Config to use ttyS0, but I had to rename
/dev/gpmdata for X to listen to the serial port.

Since I'm going to use xdm for now, I suppose the major loss to me is
that I can't triple-click to reboot my machine.  I'm sure that a
uniform mouse device for X & console must be a wonderful thing, but I
alas must go without, for now.  And besides, I just discovered that my
keyboard's acting weird.

It never ends.  (But at least it is pretty.)

ben

mithras@dhp.com / http://www.dhp.com/~mithras
716-586-0020 work, 716-256-2484 home, 716-233-3159 cell
174 Henrietta St. #2 / Rochester, NY 14620