Re: LINUX - server, DOS - client

On Mon, Nov 27, 2000 at 03:19:24AM -0800, Alvin Oga wrote:

> hi ya piotr
>
> donno if "dos is smart enough"... but am sure it can
> you need to find "mount" that runs under dos
> or network neighborhood equivalent for dos...
> or get the old chameleon set of tools
>
> on the linux side....you just need to export the partion/directory
> to the dos client .... you define /home/piotr in /etc/exports
> and restart nfs
>
> if not...try running the dos apps under linux .... dosemu or wine or ???
>
> have fun
> alvin
>
> On Mon, 27 Nov 2000, Piotr Kowalik wrote:
>
> > Is there any way to make LINUX as server and acces it form DOS as client
you can telnet/ftp with the ncsa telnet for dos tools
http://www.ncsa.uiuc.edu/SDG/Software/PCTelnet

it even runs a ftp server if you telnet :)

if you want file sharing, you could try pcnfs
linux side: pcnfsd
dos side: look at http://www.biostat.washington.edu/pc/pcnfs.html

or search for dos pcnfs clients

--
> Name:           Alson van der Meulen      <
> Personal:       alson@linuxfreak.nl       <
> School:       alson@gymnasiumleiden.nl    <
What do you mean /home was on that disk? I umounted it!