Re: raid 5 partition table example

hi ya matt...

you can see an example raid5 config files..
	/etc/raid5.conf  or /etc/raidtab

if oyu are using 3 drives .... is one oyur system drive ???
and 2 data drives ???
	- if you plan to use 3 drives for /  ( root )... than
	you are asking for some serious/additional "support issues"

typical partitions should look like...
	64mb	/	small as possible/reasonable
	128mb	/tmp	small for just tmp files
	512Mb	/var	for logs and email and http stats ???
	1024Mb	/usr	for system files
	2xRAM	swap	2x memory up to about 512M swap...
	rest of disk	for /opt or /home...

	( at least i sorta like this partition scheme within
	( its restrictions and limiations

if you combine /dev/hda and /dev/hdb and /dev/hdc....
it should still only grow  "rest of disk"
and the 64mb for /  is spread across 3 drives...

if you really want to spread / across 3 drives... youneed
to read the "root-raid" howto

have fun
alvin
http://www.linux-1u.net.....1U Raid5.....