Re: Problem with sound

    Brian> I am running Potato with 2.2.17 for a kernel and KDE2 as my desktop.
    Brian> I have a cs4232 audio card.  When I was running Slink I had no trouble
    Brian> running the audio card but when I upgraded, I have not been able to get it
    Brian> to work at all.  If I cat a audio file out to /dev/audio the device is
    Brian> always busy.  KDE2 does not drive it eather.  I can still play audio CD's
    Brian> on it but that does not use the audio card.

    If you know the IRQ, DMA and I/O port settings for your card, run
modconf and set it up so that the cs4232 module is correctly
loaded. If you don't know them, I suggest you apt-get sndconfig, which
I am not sure is available for potato. HTH.

--
Allan F. Caetano
Universo On Line - EngProd - F: (11) 224 4418