Quake 3 ran, I upgraded. . . Well, It doesn't run any more

Okay.  I decided to upgrade to the most recent version of woody.  Good Idea?  Of course.  Everything works . . . except Quake 3 (deja vu!).  I've got this down to an art now.  I know that for some reason X isn't finding the libGLcore.so.1.0.5 (or what ever it is) file and therefore fails to load when I use the NVdriver driver.  ???  Can somebody help me?  Do you think it has something to do with the symbolic links not going into /usr/lib/? (I ran ldconfig)
    I checked.  There aren't any other types of GL stuffs on my system.

Thanks,

Brandt Dusthimer (Who will no longer upgrade on a regular basis if everything is functional like it was)