Re: problem with .netrc

On Mon, Nov 13, 2000 at 06:10:21AM +0200, Shaul Karl wrote:

Hi,

Here is my .netrc file:

default		anonymous	csosza@freemail.c3.hu

Here is the error message:

/home/attila/.netrc:1: warning: unknown token "anonymous"
/home/attila/.netrc:1: warning: unknown token "csosza@freemail.c3.hu"

My .netrc works with lftp.

ii  fetchmail      5.3.3-1.1      POP2/3, APOP, IMAP mail gatherer/forwarder
ii  lftp           2.1.10-1       Sophisticated command-line FTP/HTTP client p

Thanks
 Attila

> > Hi,
> >
> > I've working .netrc and a .fetchmailrc file. The .netrc file works for ftp
> > and the .fetchmailrc works for fetchmail. Why have I got warning
> > messages from fetchmail 'unknown token' (in my .netrc file). If I rename the
> > .netrc file fetchmail poll my mails but if this file exist it give me this
> > warning messages.
> >

> Can you post a moderated versions of these files with the commands that you
> are trying to run and the messages that you are receiving?

- Mail: acsosz@mail.datanet.hu; Debian 2.2 Linux  / 2.2.13 / exim  -
- PGP key: gpg --keyserver keys.pgp.com --recv-key 0x2cc33acb      -