Re: Which editor for programming?

[...]

    Damien> the backronym like you mentioned below is amusing to as a
    Damien> fellow vim user. = but in all reality most of us hear have
    Damien> failed to deliver much useful advice to the original
    Damien> poster, outside of 'this is bad, use what i use'

That's the nature of these `conflicts': it's mostly about what one
likes, and not about absolute, precise, objective measurements.

I for one can't comprehend how one can do serious work done within
vi's two mode ("One in which it beeps, and one in which it doesn't",
AFAIK according to Alan Cox ;-) And I love the simple (if you like
Lisp ;-) programmability of Emacs... when I need something it doesn't
do, I write it (or rewrite something that comes close).

But, even though I don't have vi installed here, if anyone would come
to work on this machine who wanted a vi, s/he'd get it, no questions
asked (not even "How can you be so stupid and/or misguided..." ;-)

Bye, J

--
Jürgen A. Erhard    juergen.erhard@gmx.net   phone: (GERMANY) 0721 27326
          My WebHome: http://members.tripod.com/Juergen_Erhard