Re: problems with XF4

On Fri, Nov 10, 2000 at 11:07:23AM +0000, Alexander Koch wrote:

> I have a Celeron-Something here, Intel BX chipset, I tested to run XF4
> with both a ATI Rage 3D Pro and a Matrox G100. I have tried to install
> the /dev/agppart thing into the kernel (running 2.4.0-test10). Is there
> some thing as a "safe kernel" for testing this? Any known issues with the
> 2.4 test series?

same thing happened to me using 2.4.0-test10. nothing i did fixed the prob.
went back to 2.4.0-test7 (which i had around) and 2.2.17 and everything
worked like a charm.

not a solution, but at leat i can use X now.

> I have a fresh woody system here, just windowmaker installed, I type
> startx and after some seconds it freezes, nothing on the screen, no
> numlock, hard reset, fsck for half an hour...

in my case the computer is not locked up, i can ssh into it and do a clean
reboot, it's the console that gets fscked.

luck,

Alberto